Monday, October 7, 2013

TSDs are going around...

This past weekend, I journeyed at the crack of dawn to App State, home of the Apple-Cart and Apple flavored hookah alike.  My purpose was not recreational, but rather to present the opportunities afforded by TSDs (Try Something Different) in Honors programs.  During the presentation, I realized how much more engaged our audience was in our presentation than in others we had seen; and perhaps this was due in part to the fact that my fellow presenters and I were relaxed and enjoyed making jokes.  Or perhaps its due to the fact that food truly does bring people together!  Tomorrow night will be a great example, and I am truly looking forward to our Ethiopian adventure.  American is really quite the melting pot, and tomorrow night, I am going to enjoy my Western diet for all of its diversity!

No comments:

Post a Comment